Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 17: The Errors


"A Comedy of Errors" (pr photo)
Today's meeting is not really worth writing about. Honestly. Except that those are the rules...

I met a friend of Danny's who I'd never met before, after he (sort of) joined us at some free Shakespeare in the Presidio, thanks to SF Shakes. His name is Phillippe. He's Quebecois. So technically I did what I set out to do.

However, we only actually talked on the long car ride home (thanks, Bay Bridge closure). There were other folks in the car (including Sarah from Day 2!). It didn't feel like a real connection, which is the level of effort I've been trying to sustain here. I might see him again, but I don't feel like I got to know him. When I dropped him off in Berkeley, I couldn't bring myself to ask for a photo, though I did mention the project and that he was today's victim.

That word, victim. On days like today, this whole thing feels like something I'm imposing on both the people I meet and the world around us. But I expected ups and downs when I started, and really, the ups have been high and plentiful, the downs minimal. Can't ask for much more.

Plus free Shakespeare is great, right?  I end with a tangentially relevant quote from the play:
"I to the world am like a drop of water
That in the ocean seeks another drop,
Who, falling there to find his fellow forth,
(Unseen, inquisitive) confounds himself."

0 comments:

Post a Comment