Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 25: Yarn Wrangling


Knitting project complete! Kitty likes it almost as much as the ball of yarn...
Once again, I have no photo. It's funny how this project has evolved over its short life -- by Day 25, the act of getting out there has become more important to me than proving it by documenting it, or even telling people what I'm up to.

Tonight I attended a knitting group that has been meeting a block from my house for over a year. The women and the man (just one) were funny, talented, and enjoyable to be around. If I ever have a free Tuesday again, I will go back.

I found the group via Ravelry, a social networking site geared to knitters. I don't think I'm quite obsessed with the yarn craft enough to really make full use of the tools on the site, but I do appreciate it helping me find nice people to sit and knit with.

I might have gotten around to telling everyone about Encantada at some point if the evening hadn't been cut short by an upsetting problem, however: The Nomad Cafe, as of this Sunday, now closes at 8 pm. The group was scheduled to keep knitting until 9:30, in keeping with the former 10 pm closing time. Everyone was upset about the situation, and one woman even took the time to write a letter to the management begging them to reconsider, at least for Tuesday nights. More likely, the group will find a new home. Hopefully I will follow them there. And when I do, I will tell them that they have been written about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment