Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 23: Fail/Cheat


(image by 20after4)
That graphic may be a bit harsh. You decide.

So I technically didn't meet anyone new today. I technically didn't even really try.

But yesterday was SO long. And SO full of meeting people. And I didn't get home from Yosemite until late, blah blah blah.

Even though I generally discourage this, and do consider it cheating, I make the rules so I will let myself cheat. Here's the scoop on some new people I met yesterday...

Dan is a 1L. Kathryn is his fiancee. She teaches high school special ed. We spent probably 3 miles walking together -- it turns out that the girlfriends of law students sometimes have a lot in common. Kathryn likes the whole writing thing too, and was very interested in the MFA program (especially to hear of all my classmates who are high school teachers). Dan and Kathryn both did Teach for America, and so we bonded over Americorps servitude (I mean service) as well.

I didn't get to say goodbye to these two as they left camp this morning, but I hope it won't matter, because I hope I'll see them again.

So there's the weekend. Only 7 days to go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment